Monday, September 8, 2008

Data Entry is Dangerous

Been doing part time job in Studylink for 2 days already. For those who don't know what is Studylink, it is a Education Counsel Center near Taylor's Subang Jaya. I work as a student helper inside, 5 bucks per hour, averagely 2 hours a day, 4 days a week.

Well, student helper is not like helping to counsel or something, I was doing data entry type job instead. Data entry job is indeed dull, but there's something fun about it but maybe dangerous for other people as well.

To let you understand why is it so dangerous about it to others, I would like to remind you of all the surveys you did when these education counsel approached you. After all the survey's form being collected, I will be the one who processed the forms for them. Today I just processed some data from chs, there's a lot of form 6's name I know, but there's also some that do not belongs to chs before 2008, and I recognize one of them as my primary classmate that was studied in SMK Taman Sea before form 6. Then I realized that I have not going back to chs for a long time already. Besides that, I also found Koh Yeet, 高艺's(is it her name? the highly recommended actor by Jack Neo in Ah Long Pvt. Lmt.)survey form in it, she filled in all her contacts like phone number, address and email address on it.

Due to my civil consciousness, I didn't record down these information although I am curious to. But, I also did something uncivilized, I told some of colleagues that that survey form is her form. Well, celebrities should be more careful in revealing their personal information. I am sorry if Koh Yeet get disturbed by someone unknown, but I am willing to reveal those colleagues' identity if these scenario ever happen.

By the way, I found out something different when I was processing data for USJ students ad CHS students. CHS students normally filled in science related subject when they were asked about their interested course, I am happy to process the forms because I can keep copy and paste; whereas USJ students have a varieties of interested courses, I process their data until headache, because all those new terms. I wonder what causes so much difference???

No comments: