Friday, October 17, 2008

Malaysia Boleh

Did you all ever notice? Some websites block Malaysian IP from entering, I only know one website, which is the veoh. I don't know why, but I used to watch anime there. When it was blocked, I sort of cursing 793505.

Recently, I found a software which I don't know its basis, I think it changed your IP, but Chia Yang said it is very easy to change your IP. Anyway, after I install this software, I can access to Veoh alrdy.

Before I installed this, I was downloading mangas which is around 80mb via torrent, it was like so slow, maximum 7kb/s. It seems that I am not the one who complaint, Shengyi also complain about this, about the download speed is so fast few years ago, now it drop like shit.

Then I got an idea, if Veoh blocked us we cannot access, then can it be some seed in the torrent blocked our IP as well. So, I download torrent with the software on. The download speed immediately jumped from single digit to 33kb/s. I was like so happy.

I don't know why so many people around the world blocking Malaysia, my hypothesis is we Malaysian always downloading content illegally from their website, or maybe Malaysia got a lot hackers, truly Malaysia Boleh.

For your information, the software is in anchorfree.com. The software name is Hotspot Shield. I tried to on it in the school computer but can't. I guess the school's network system will stop you from changing it's IP, so don't try this in school

No comments: