After playing ping pong aka table tennis for a few months, I realize that with my penhold style, my traditional backhand is hard to control and slow compared to my forehand, and I can't even smash with my traditional backhand (Jacson can do it though, sometimes). So, I try to use reverse backhand to replace my traditional backhand, but most of my friends advise me not to do it, one says he never heard of anyone doing that before. But, I wonder why, how come he can miss Ma Lin and Wang Hao, the table tennis men single gold medalist and silver medalist for Beijing Olympic 2008.

They are both penhold grip players. Ma Lin and Wang Hao are able to use reverse backhand very long time ago as shown in the picture. The picture was taken 5 years ago. Surprisingly, for unknown reasons, all the 3 China female Olympic athletes for ping pong are shakehand grip players, I thought there should be a mix between shakehand and penhold grip.
Well, my reverse backhand still sucks with the 0.01 probability of success, I guess I have to try to improve it.
No comments:
Post a Comment