During the just passed away Chinese New Year, one of the necessary evil of this festive season is gambling. I gambled with my fellow cousins, I am proud to say that I have win nothing and lost nothing. Haha.
However, I have noticed one thing. I noticed that the winning possibility changes with my ability to overwhelm the situation. And then, I feel guilty for winning too much of money, so I decided to lose back the money to them. To give them back the money faster, I put a very big bet for each turn. Guess what, I still have like at least 3 winning streak. And then I lose all the money I won and quit.
I analyzed the situation. As the eldest guy among my cousins and the banker, I have the overwhelming advantage against all of them, that's why I won a lot from them. And then, I decided to lose to them and quit as a banker, I am supposed to have losing streak. However, since I put a big bet on the play, I get the overwhelm situation again. Later, since I have do nothing to change the situation and like played a fool with my cards, my overwhelm situation gone and I had losing streak. Even in the middle of losing, I try my best to win, I couldn't do anything to turn the table back to me.
Come to think of it, isn't our life just a little bit too similar to gambling? In so many games I played, the morale is the most crucial thing of strategy. Even with the finest strategy, when it comes to multiplayer game, you can't win if you lose your morale.
In conclusion, when you are experiencing your high tide of your life, grab it tightly all you can and never play a fool with it, cause if you lose it, you probably can't get it back anymore. Oppositely, if you are experiencing your low tide of your life, try to take back step and see things in different perspective. The more perspective you think, the more chance you can back to the high tide of your life.
However, if you want to experience high tide of your life of the time, your determination must be strong, and you must work hard all the time, not a single moment relax so that it won't turn away. But, what's the point of living if you must have strong determination all the time, working hard all the time just to continue living at a high tide? That sounds like robot to me. To me, life is only meaningful with the presence of high tide and low tide.
Looks like I am a fool Gambler after all. Haha
1 comment:
There's an idea called the Gambler's Ruin. Suppose if you go to a casino and gamble, and win continuously at the start, you'll eventually go on a losing streak if you continue on.
That's how casinos keep in business, because people on winning streaks will continue on, and then lose everything they won.
Post a Comment